Professional Female Mentor - Friends of the Children - SF Bay Area
Friends of the Children – SF Bay Area (Friends-SF) is part of a growing national network of mentoring chapters with a proven long-term track record of helping children break the cycle of generational poverty.
We employ trained, full-time professional mentors – we call them “Friends” – to provide a stable, caring, and sustained relationship in each child’s life for 12-1/2 years, no matter what!
We seek to hire a female mentor to develop intensive, long-term, trusting relationships with eight children who need it most. This means:
· Set positive expectations
· Nurture and promote the child’s individual strengths, talents and abilities
· Help assure physical and emotional well-being
· Teach life and academic skills
· Provide enrichment activities
· Model responsible behavior
· Each Friend will spend approximately four hours per week with each child and will report directly to the Program Director.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Minimum of AA degree, BA preferred
· At least 1-2 years experience working with youth who face the greatest obstacles
· Familiarity with the Bayview Hunters Point section of San Francisco or similar communities a plus.
· Must pass drug screening
· Must have safe driving record
· Must pass fingerprint and background checks
· Must possess a mission-driven growth mindset
· Must be comfortable using web based data management tools
· Work hours may vary but are generally 10am-6pm, Tuesday - Saturday. Flexibility and reliability is essential.
If you are this amazing person, here’s what we have to offer:
· You’ll start in the early stages of a small growing nonprofit
· You’ll be part of a dynamic and supportive national network, with a proven, evidence-based mentoring model;
· You’ll have new challenges daily, and we commit to support you in every way, to help you serve our kids and to keep your batteries charged;
· You’ll be part of a friendly and collaborative workplace, where work-life balance is respected; and
· Most of all, you’ll play a critical role in helping children who face significant obstacles change the trajectories of their lives!
Salary: $45,600 to $51,300, depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Full Medical, dental and vision coverage; 401(k) matching plan, basic life insurance and long term disability insurance; 3 weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of paid sick leave per year, generous allowances for mileage, cellphone and other child-related expenses.
To learn more about Friends-SF, please go to: friendssfbayarea.org
Friends of the Children – SF Bay Area is committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace. We are fiercely committed to equity and will ensure that every aspect of our mission is executed with full engagement of the communities impacted by our work.
Local (San Francisco Bay Area) candidates only.
Cover letter required for consideration.